We provide nominee and intermediary services for Australian and overseas investors. We help stable, profitable companies as well as companies that face a financial or operational crisis.
For overseas investors, it is a regulatory requirement that a resident director is appointed for Australian companies. Foreign companies or individuals can appoint a nominee director to act in their best interests and comply with Australian legal requirements.
A nominee director is a director who is appointed by a shareholder, creditor or interest group, and who has a continuing loyalty to the appointor or other interest in the company. Nominee directors are appointed to represent the interests of the appointor at a board level.
There are several reasons why business owners would seek nominee and intermediary services from a trusted adviser. Directors may be sick or have personal issues, and may not be able to find a suitable nominee from within their family or business. Also, the business may be facing complex structural or legal problems, and may need someone with specialised legal and insolvency knowledge.
Sewell & Kettle focus on fighting for our clients and preserving the value of their business.
Scope of services
- Sourcing and management of nominee directors in Australia
- Monitoring business activities and financial performance
- Attending and reporting on board meetings
- Liaising with local service providers including lawyers, accountants and tax agents
- Taking appointments in crisis situations
Our points of difference
- Vast experience in crisis situations
- Offer in-house sourcing options for nominee directors
- International focus
- Flexibility in approach and pricing
- Cost savings when compared to full-time employees